Community Council Meeting
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Welcome: Julie Morgan
- The will not be a meeting held in May.
- Motion and second to approve minutes. Minutes were approved.
Grade Distribution -
- Percentage of F’s given (100 more students this year than last year)
- Ø Last year – 1st quarter: 4.9% This year: 5.7%
- Ø Last year – 2nd quarter: 7.12% This year: 9%
- Ø Last year – 3rd quarter: 6.8% This year: 8%
- Ø Last year – 4th quarter: 7.7%
- Large classrooms effect the percentages. 2 math teachers have been hired for next year to replace one teacher and help with the classroom sizes.
- Tutoring program for Math students help.
- Math students are pushed at the elementary level along with reading students.
- District is working on numeracy. Numeracy and literacy are part of our grant for next year.
- Plan for next year is to have a 5% F rate.
Extracurricular Activities – Clyde Moore
- Drama had 10 superiors in Region Drama. They will compete at State this week at Bingham and Riverton High Schools.
- Indoor Drumline took 2nd place, Colorguard took 4th place.
- Drama, FBLA, FCCLA, Robotics all qualified for Nationals.
- Tennis team is in need of more courts. We currently use North Park tennis courts. Next year the city is turning them into pickle ball courts. We have requested for 3 years for the District to put more courts at Roy High. All other high schools have 4 courts. Roy High only has 3.
- District should start working on our track hopefully by the end of school this year.
Community Council positions for next year:
- Reviewed Guidelines.
- Instead of holding elections – all those who sign up for Community Council are welcome to attend.
- Meetings next year will continue to be on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 am.
- Jennifer Bessinger will take over as Community Council Chair next year.
- Cynthia Foulger was nominated as a co-chair for Community Council. Vote was taken. Voting was unanimous to have Cynthia Foulger as co-chair for next year’s Community Council.
- Stephanie Lamb offered the help of Community Council for graduation party.
- Graduation Party will be held at the Rush Funplex in Syracuse.
A shout out was given to John Watson for his willingness to help kids. Roy High held their Prom Dance at John Watson Chevrolet this year. He also does an Athlete of the Week that is held there.
Attending Community Council: Lee Yeagley, Rick Morgan, Julie Morgan, Lynette Atkinson, Clyde Moore, Ron Koford, Casey Roche, Darlene Sangiorgio, Kirt Swalberg, Cordale Lamb, Stephanie Lamb, Jen Bessinger, Cynthia Foulger, and Rae Ann Christensen.