Community Council Meeting
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Welcome: Julie Morgan
Minutes from February 14, 2017 were read and approved.
New Boundary: Kirt
- RHS will get about 50 new students for the next 3 years – about 150 total.
- We have about 12 new boundary exceptions that will be coming to Roy High next year.
Grade Distribution – Kirt
- Grade comparisons were shown.
- Goal 1
- o Decrease F’s to less than 5% for each quarter.
- o After school math tutoring.
- o Purchase batteries for math calculators.
- o Lower class size for the Math II classes.
- o Buy outs for 3 math teachers prep periods to help reduce class size
- o Technology – access points in classrooms.
- o Chrome Books – Teachers need to become google certified, then they can get a set of Chrome Books in their room.
- o New Projectors purchased as old ones burn out.
- Goal 2
- o Increase the overall ACT composite by one percent.
- o Align curriculum. Develop big picture.
- o Ongoing Professional Development
- o Literary Coaches
- o Mini Lessons in math given before and after school. Night course for students and parents.
- o Increase the number of students taking AP and Concurrent courses.
- o Aide associated with AP and Concurrent Courses
- Goal 3
- o 88% of juniors will be on track with their academic credits by the start of their senior year.
- o APEX offered
- o Part Time Advocates
- o Options class
- o APEX used as credit recovery
Total for Trustlands - $159,000. Spent all but $414.00
Trustlands Report was voted on and approved.
Roy High Current happenings – Ben Prall
- Alex Lamb and Josie Williams were chosen as Northern Utah Player of the Week
- Debate took 1st Place at the Wasatch Invitational and 3rd in State (beating Sky View)
- Choir, Band and Orchestra will be participating in their Cone Concerts
- Prom is being held this Saturday.
- Region Drama will be held on March 24th and 25th.
- Baseball, Tennis, Track and Softball has just started their games.
- Next year we will be in the 5A Region with Box Elder, Viewmont, Woods Cross, Bountiful, and the following year the new Farmington High will join us.
Next month’s meeting will be held on April 11.
Jen Bessinger will move from co-chair to chairperson next year. Nomination of open leadership positions will be voted on.
Attending: Rick and Julie Morgan, Cordale and Stefanie Lamb, Lee Yeagley, Jen Bessinger, Kirt Swalberg, Casey Roche, Lynette Atkinson, Darlene Sangiorgio, Ben Prall, Rae Ann Christensen.